Senior Software Engineer-Cloud
Quantum-Si is developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, and semiconductor chips to change the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing biotech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notable Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation of protein sequencing through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to build our cloud platform. Users and devices will connect to the platform to upload the data and collaborate. The cloud platform allows users to schedule genomic and proteomic workflows and run them on our infrastructure, enabling even the smaller laboratories to analyze large volumes of data without having to set up any infrastructure. The cloud platform functions both as a management tool for the laboratories and clinics around the world and an R&D platform where next generation algorithms will be developed.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Work across the stack to deliver end to end solutions and features for users and internal R&D, from database schemas to frontend views
- Engineer and automate our cloud environments for security, reliability and scale
- Design and build observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
- Design and optimize robust CI/CD pipelines for Cloud apps, workflows, and data pipelines
- Build modern solutions using the best technologies available, including Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, React.
- Mentor and lead other engineers to achieve our goals
- 3+ years of experience solving distributed systems problems
- Robust experience designing and building modern back-end cloud systems
- A track record of leading developers to deliver effective solutions in a modern, cloud-based architecture, ideally using Python and Node.js
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have skills and experience in these areas (but it’s ok if you don’t!)
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo and URQL
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- Web apps with live updates - pub/sub solutions (such as Redis), WebSockets
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL)
- Designing and building observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
You deeply identify with our core values
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Guilford, CT/NYC and remote options
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.