Senior Scientist Chemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As the Senior Scientist at Quantum-Si, you will be responsible for i) the synthesis of oligonucleotides to support the research and development across the organization, and ii) pilot studies of oligonucleotide production. You will use your knowledge in nucleic acid chemistry to design and prepare oligonucleotide-based scaffolds and tackle difficult biochemistry/biophysics problems in single-molecular protein sequencing.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design oligonucleotide-based molecular scaffolds and materials.
- Collaborate with teams from other science and engineering disciplines and optimize oligonucleotide design.
- Supervise oligonucleotide synthesis activities.
- Work with CROs to scale up oligonucleotide production.
- Establish analytical standards of oligonucleotides and their derivatives.
- PhD in organic chemistry with the focus on nucleic acid chemistry.
- Postdoctoral experience in academia or 3+ year industrial experience is preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific publication in the area of nucleic acid chemistry.
- Expertise in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification.
- Experience in oligonucleotide derivatization and conjugation is a plus.
- Experience in assembling oligonucleotides into nanostructures is a plus.
- Experience in working with fluorescent dye-labeled oligonucleotides is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in working on highly collaborative projects.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.