Senior Scientist, Chemical Biology
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Sr. Scientist, Chemical Biology, you are an expert in bioconjugation workflows for the analysis of biological samples. You have a passion for developing and implementing novel techniques and applying them to complex mixtures. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement novel and available bioconjugation techniques in complex mixtures
- Develop, optimize, and troubleshoot sample prep workflows for single-molecule analysis of peptides derived from complex biological samples
- Analyze complex omics-based samples by High Resolution Mass Spectrometry
- Flexible collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in support of cross-company research, development, and manufacturing activities
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of modern bioconjugation techniques and experience modifying biomolecules such as nucleic acids and polypeptides
- Expertise in the isolation, chemical modification, detection, and analysis of proteins from biological samples
- Experience in protein purification using IMAC, Ion Exchange, and SEC chromatography
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.