Senior Scientist, Biochemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Sr. Scientist, Biochemistry, you will bring expertise in working with complex enzyme systems. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, optimization, and troubleshooting of protein reagents at the core of our sequencing technology. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Development, optimization, and troubleshooting of protein reagents at the core of a single-molecule protein sequencing technology
- Purification and biochemical characterization of novel proteins and enzymes
- Development of screening methods for proteolytic enzymes
- Characterization of proteins and biological systems using biochemical, biophysical, and structural techniques
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field. Must have 3+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience with a strong publication record. Expertise in expression and purification of proteins, chromatography (HPLC, AKTA), site-directed mutagenesis, protein/peptide labeling, enzyme-substrate interaction assays, and manipulation of peptides
- Demonstrated ability to independently and creatively design and execute biochemical assays to solve challenging problems in enzymology
- Experience using structural biology tools and protein engineering methods to study or improve enzyme function
- Rapid kinetics enzymology experience and expertise in the study of proteolytic enzymes is desirable
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.