Senior IC Design Engineer
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Experienced IC designer to own the implementation of complex mixed-signal functions for scientific imager products.
- Perform physical design and/or work with physical design engineers to layout out these functions.
- These mixed-signal functions may include image sensor signal path elements (sampler, programmable-gain-amplifier, integrator, analog-to-digital converter, high-speed data serializer, high-speed I/O functions) as well as auxiliary functions such as temperature sensing, ESD protection, clock generation and distribution)
- Coordinate with chip-owners and design engineers to define high-level functional architectures, testability and manufacturability strategies.
- Follow and support the product through tape-out, silicon bring-up, characterization, test development and eventual mass production.
- Experience in designing a substantial subset of mixed-signal functions described above for scientific imager applications and proven silicon production success of those designs.
- At least 10 years of pertinent work experience as mixed-signal design engineer in relevant product fields.
- Must have substantial experience working and designing with Cadence EDA tools for schematic entry, simulation, physical design, verification.
- Ability to code in Python, C or some other modern software languages will be preferred.
- Hands-on experience working in CMOS processes that are 65nm or finer will be preferred.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.