Research Scientist I, Biochem / Crystallography
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Research Scientist I will contribute to our success by: assisting in the expression and purification of recombinant proteins and protein:peptide complexes. They are expected to work under supervisory direction. The Research Scientist I is expected to develop competency in many aspects of practical protein purification and protein chemistry and assist the senior members of the Protein Engineering group. A major component of the scientist’s rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation.
We pursue excellence because our work has the power to revolutionize DNA and peptide sequencing at the single-molecule-level.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the development of recombinant protein expression, purification and analysis methods through applications of molecular biology, protein chromatography and protein chemistry.
- Assist in the development of protein crystallization methods and X-ray diffraction structures.
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date records of experimental methods, materials, calculations, results, observations and outcomes (decisions).
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with a major in Biology or Biochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Laboratory experience conducting molecular biology, protein purification, quantification by UV-Vis spectroscopy, OCTET and electrophoresis.
- Experience setting up crystallization trays, harvesting protein crystals and freezing them using cryoprotectants.
- Experience using crystallography software such as Rockmaker, remote data collection from synchrotron sources, HKL2000, CCP4, Phenix, etc.
- Computer training in the use of standard office software applications and databases.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.