Research Scientist, Biochemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Purify and characterize proteins/enzymes at different bacterial expression scales
- Label proteins and evaluate them with biochemical assays
- Execute and interpret protein kinetic assays
- Report results to scientific team and work effectively with a cross-functional team
- Expertise in preparatory to commercial scale expression and purification of proteins, chromatography (HPLC, AKTA), site-directed mutagenesis, protein labeling, enzyme-substrate interaction assays
- Ability to set up and operate complex instrumentation and laboratory automation
- Ability to plan, execute, and evaluate multiple scientific strategies in parallel where appropriate
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in assay development is desirable
- Experience using computational techniques to analyze biological data desirable
- MS with 3+ years of industry experience in Biochemistry/ Biophysics/Molecular Biology or related field
- Team player and accountable to deliverables
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.