Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and develop semiconductor laser diode driver technology for compact pulsed laser sources
- Test, characterize and verify diode laser performance for the required application
- Work with the broader team to integrate optical system in the desired instrument
- Develop the optical system for engineering verification testing (EVT) and design verification testing (DVT)
- Develop and grow relationships with various members of our supply chain.
- MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Physics or related field
- Experience with design, characterization, and fabrication of opto-electrical components and circuits.
- Model electrical circuits, prototype and test.
- Hands-on experience in working with optical fibers, free-space optics and having experience in working with single-photon type experiments will be a huge bonus.
- Excellent communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions
- Self-starter with a relentless work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated team skills: ability to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight development schedules
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Proficient with scientific programming languages (Python, Matlab, or similar)
- Prior industry experience releasing a product and product data management
- Experience with optical packages like Zemax or equivalent
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.