Director of Financial Planning and Reporting
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will play a crucial role in guiding the company through a period of high growth as it partners with management to best allocate resources and achieve our strategic goals. This position will be responsible for financial planning, analysis, reporting, forecasting for revenue, margins, operating expenses, headcount, capital expenditures, product commercialization and R&D project analysis. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Preparing Annual Operating Plans and forecasts
- Analyzing performance of actual results vs plan and forecasts
- Building long range financial models
- Developing key performance metrics to guide the business
- Creating management reports
- Partnering with management to achieve financial goals
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting
- 7+ years of experience in financial analysis roles
- Biotech or healthcare industry experience
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Ability to see big picture but detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative style
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- An MBA or CFA certification
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.