Chip Characterization Engineer
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As a chip characterization engineer you will work in an R&D environment to characterize pixel performance of CMOS image sensors for next-generation medical applications. At Quantum-Si, you will have the opportunity to develop the first-in-the-world products with a collaborative team of world-class scientists and engineers.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Characterize pixel performance to determine the optimum pixel process for new CMOS image sensors
- Investigate the root cause of observed pixel performance with scientific experiments
- Draw conclusions based on experimental data and present findings to pixel/circuit/process design teams
- Develop software and hardware of test systems
- Support protein sequencing team and production test team with detailed pixel characterization
We look forward to discussing how your qualifications and experience can help us succeed.
- Master’s/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, Materials Science, or closely related field
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills to ensure data integrity
- Strong analytical skills to scientifically interpret experimental data
- Strong presentation and communications skills to report experimental results
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor device characterization
- Knowledge in semiconductor device physics and analog circuits.
- Python or MATLAB programming skills
- Industrial experience in CMOS image sensor characterization or verification is ideal but not required
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Extensive knowledge of CMOS Image sensors and their operation.
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics.
- Knowledge of CIS process integration.
- Scientific programming language, such as Python, Matlab
- Design of Experiment (DoE) methodology and statistical analysis (R, JMP, etc)
- General understanding of wafer testing and data collection.
- Experience with building and maintaining foundry and supplier relationships.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.