Territory Development Specialist – Seattle
Territory Development Specialist – Seattle
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious Territory Development Specialist for the western US (preferably based in Seattle) to uncover and create new business opportunities for Quantum-Si’s next generation protein sequencing products. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial work ethic and will work cooperatively with commercial business development managers, field marketing, and field applications to execute lead generation activities and develop a robust sales funnel. The role reports to the SVP Sales and Service, Americas.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Identify new sales prospects in the Northwest and Southwest territories through regular field prospecting and lead generation activities (seminars, tabletop shows, customer visits, etc.).
- Evangelize Quantum-Si’s next generation protein sequencing solutions in a variety of application areas, with a focus on building awareness and interest at new accounts within the geography.
- Deliver effective scientific/technical pitch presentations of our Platinum protein sequencing platform, handle initial objections, qualify leads, and create new sales opportunities.
- Initiate capex sales process and work cooperatively with business development managers to close key opportunities.
- Accountable for revenue growth at existing accounts (systems utilization, consumables, and service agreement attachment).
- Monitor and report on KPIs and lead generation metrics with regular updates on progress towards meeting assigned goals.
- Effectively utilize CRM database (salesforce.com) as well as other sales enablement tools.
- Attend trade shows and conferences as needed.
- All other duties assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science and 2+ years or equivalent commercial experience in proteomics, molecular biology or DNA sequencing markets. Master’s or PhD a strong plus.
- Firsthand experience with life science research and strong understanding of academic and biotech research environments.
- Strong knowledge base of proteomics assay methodologies including immunoassays and mass spectrometry. Workflow experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Confident energetic “Hunter” mentality.
- Highly ambitious, adaptable, and independent.
- Thrives in a startup, rapidly growing, company environment. Can pivot when necessary and stay positive.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, great computer skills.
- Takes initiative with a strong growth mindset.
- Ability and desire to travel 60%
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Graduate degree in life sciences strongly preferred.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $85,000 – $105,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.