Staff Biomedical Engineer
Staff Biomedical Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As Staff Biomedical Engineer in Technical Operations, you will play a pivotal role in the production, purification, formulation and optimization of Quantum-Si sequencing reagents. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the low cost, efficient and high-quality manufacturing of our products.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Partner closely with Product Development throughout Product Commercialization to ensure successful Design to Manufacturing transfers.
- Optimize existing protocols for increased efficiency, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish/Co-author protocols for Manufacturing, QC, QA, and FA (quality control, Quality Assurance, and Failure Analysis).
- Troubleshoot and resolve process-related issues to ensure product quality and yield targets are met.
- Work with outside vendors to develop production scale SOPs for expression and purification of functional proteins.
- Create product stability and shelf-life profile and advise operation team on packaging, shipping, and storage.
- Evaluate and recommend the adoption of new technologies, equipment, and methodologies to improve manufacturing processes.
- Support all technical problems solving efforts associated with product performance.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in biomedical engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in biotech or Life Science industry with project leadership responsibilities.
- Bioprocess Engineering: A strong understanding of bioprocess engineering principles, including upstream and downstream processing, cell culture, fermentation, and purification techniques.
- Protein Chemistry: Knowledge of protein structure, function, and behavior is essential for trouble shooting and optimizing protein production processes.
- Proficiency with relevant software and equipment used in bioprocessing, such as bioreactors, chromatography systems, and analytical instruments.
- Understands proteins and protein characterization; prefer candidates with protein manufacturing method understanding.
- Statistical analysis and data interpretation skills to monitor and improve manufacturing processes.
- Creative problem-solver who can influence diverse teams to align on strategy.
- Ability to foster close relationships with multi-functional colleagues across geographies.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $130,000-$160,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.