Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is seeking an engineering technician with experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting instrument hardware issues to join the team that developed the world’s first massively parallel, single molecule detection chip for protein sequencing. This position provides opportunities to develop skills needed to work on our proprietary system, which includes a custom ASIC, advanced high-speed pixels, integrated photonic waveguides, as well as protein sequencing technology. In this position, you will have a critical role in Quantum-Si’s R&D and product development team.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Characterization and operating the equipment for testing advanced CMOS circuits and high-speed optical sensors
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting of equipment issues. Provide proper instrument services according to the service guide, and ensure the services performed are properly logged
- Partner with the Equipment Maintenance group to maintain, trouble shoot and repair any on-site equipment including Sequencing instruments and Chemistry / Biological equipment
- Wafer inventory management for Branford location
- Collecting data on wafers and packaged parts from wafer probers and other instruments at our site in Branford, Connecticut
- Proactively identify potential issues, communicate findings, and work with teams to drive resolution
- Escalate unresolved issue to the appropriate internal teams
- Associate degree in engineering field. Candidate should have experience in the semiconductor industry with wafer handling and wafer processing.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and well organized. Attention to detail and can be responsible for company assets.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux environments
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Ideally, the candidate also has these skills/experiences/attributes:
- Familiarity with ATE (Automated Test Equipment)
- Statistical data analysis and data system automation
- Experience with software control of lab equipment
- Experience with CMOS image sensors
- Some programming skills such as Python and Matlab are desired
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10-week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful new facility in Branford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $65,000-$85,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.