Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Assistant Controller reports to VP, Corporate Controller and will be tasked with leading and assisting managing the Corporate general accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely close and report of financials, provide guidance to and review accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets and other general ledger functions. Oversees and supports general ledger accounting personnel to ensure daily accounting functions are being performed to meet various external and internal deadlines. Works with finance team leaders to support audit, SEC reporting, SOX compliance and budget/forecast activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable/revenue, inventory, fixed assets and other general ledger functions.
- Work with Finance team leaders to plan and manage monthly and quarterly close to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assist in SEC reporting to support quarterly reviews and annual financial audits and SEC filings as well as SOX compliance assessments.
- Assist and make recommendations as needed to improve accounting processes and enhance internal controls over financial reporting.
- Review fixed asset record and other accounting record and manage annual property tax and use tax return.
- Lead sales tax filings, and sales tax and related reporting.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process as well as subsequent analysis of deviations from planned spending.
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement and accountability for results through skills enhancement, coaching, performance measurement and feedback.
- Support other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required and Big 4 experience preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a combination of public accounting and private sector work within the medical device, life sciences, or high–tech space; Cost accounting/manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of systems including ERPs such as NetSuite, expense management tools, and AP automation
- Organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task; must be comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a hands-on contributor and individual producer, while managing a team.
- The ability to foster teamwork and lead, motivate and retain employees in a collaborative environment.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
- We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10-week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego or brand new facility on the CT Shoreline in Branford, CT
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $165,000 – $215,000 Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.