Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for an experienced computational scientist to join our algorithms team with a focus on signal processing and algorithm development.
We generate large amounts of complex data that is processed through a pipeline of statistical signal processing layers and a set of probabilistic models to transduce raw signals into proteomics sequences. The role will require the development of novel algorithms on complex time series data, statistical/probabilistic modeling, and the research and application of advanced pattern recognition techniques.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in a computational field in science or engineering, have strong knowledge of modern computational libraries in Python, be an advanced programmer, and be able to write optimized code that can be run on distributed environments.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related computational/scientific field, with 5+ years industry and/or post-doc experience
- Track record of developing novel computational approaches and algorithms to solve complex signal processing or related problems
- Strong analytical thinking and practical problem solving skills, including the ability to break problems into logical subproblems and devise efficient and flexible solutions
- Deep knowledge of Python scientific computing libraries (NumPy, SciPy, sklearn, etc.)
- Demonstrated use of software engineering best practices, good code structure, and computational optimization techniques
- Excellent scientific communication and documentation skills, including data summarization and visualization using Python
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics
- Experience working with large datasets
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience optimizing code to make efficient use of multi-CPU architectures
- Experience with Docker and workflow markup languages (i.e. CWL, NextFlow, etc.)
- Experience with git and Github actions
- Experience packaging, testing, and releasing algorithms to run in customer-facing applications
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $ 130,000- $170,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.