Field Application Scientist, EU
Field Application Scientist, EU
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a Field Application Scientist to support sales and customers as the technical product and application expert. The role reports into the commercial team. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with sales, product management, market development, and marketing.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Sales Support: Conduct customer meetings and seminars
- Understand technical details of Quantum-Si’s product line and applications
- Identify customer needs and/or problems, and be knowledgeable in all Quantum-Si reagents, kits and assays. Introduce solutions to needs/problems where appropriate.
- Present technical seminars remotely or in-person to small and large audiences
- Promote product positioning and messaging in all customer conversations
- Research new applications from customers and present to Market Development and Product Management for further consideration
- Proof of Concept Runs: Help develop detailed experimental plan, expected outcomes, and set expectations.
- Make recommendations that fit customer’s needs and highlight Quantum-Si’s solution
- Help with final report delivery and ensure customer’s evaluation of Quantum-Si’s solution met their expectations
- Technical Support – e-mail, phone, Teams, site visits
- Conduct On-site and remote trainings of Quantum-Si’s product workflow.
- Provide support as necessary regarding assays they are currently running.
- Troubleshoot assay, instrument, software issues and escalate to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Determine when instrument repairs are needed and initiate repair order in field or in house.
- Collect and relay voice of customer feedback on new product and application development to Market Development and Product Management team
- Identify edits in sales collateral (manuals, application notes, etc.) and product offerings, and participate in their revision.
- Maintain access to Quantum-Si’s most recent literature and marketing information so that they can be provided to customers with a need.
- Deliver ideas and occasionally participate in webinars and other marketing campaign tactics
- Attend tradeshows in region as needed
Location and Travel Expectations:
- This position will be remote and based in the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Belgium, or Germany within close proximity to airport
- This position will require travel not to exceed 75% (3 weeks per month)
- Scheduling of site visits will be your responsibility in conjunction with Account Managers, subject to approval by regional FAS manager.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology, or related field
- Masters/PhD preferred but not required if have 2+ years lab experience
- 2+ years field application or similar technical support roles required OR combination of lab experience with technical support roles (e.g. runs core lab facilities and interacts with customers to train them on instruments)
- Strong technical background in one or all of the following: NGS, proteomics, Mass Spectrometry.
- Ability to understand different research areas (e.g. neuroscience, immunology, oncology) and stay up to date on scientific applications in these areas
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Take initiative and have a strong growth mindset
- Bi-lingual in English and French, German, or Spanish
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!