Manager, Facilities & EHS
Manager, Facilities & EHS
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is seeking a Manager, Facilities & EHS to join our Facilities team. This full-time role is based at Quantum-Si’s Branford, CT location. The Manager, Facilities & EHS is the primary internal customer interface for facilities operations providing site service, repairs and maintenance, EHS (Environmental Health and Safety), laboratory management, operational efficiency initiatives, and capital investment project-related support within the Branford site facilities operations as well as other facilities within Quantum-Si as required. This role will work cross-functionally, reporting to the Director of Global Facilities & EHS.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
Facilities Operations & Engineering
- Support facilities operations, repairs and maintenance at other Quantum-Si locations as required.
- Serve as the primary internal customer interface for facilities.
- Supervise all contractors and service providers when on site.
- Maintain all facilities equipment and infrastructure including recommends and implements a preventative maintenance plan such as emergency response and energy management.
- Manage site facilities work request system/process and oversee all work orders through completion and close out.
- Oversee services provided by third-party contractors (security, specialty contractors, janitorial, landscaping, pest control, snow removal, roads, waste removal, etc.).
- Serve as internal stakeholder for facilities engineering on capital infrastructure projects, construction, renovation, and decommissioning. Participate in design, construct, occupancy, and transfer to operations for all construction renovation projects.
- Participate and assist in the development of the site facility and maintenance expense and capital investment plans, including repair versus replace decisions.
- Serve as a main point of contact for site emergency response planning, site shutdowns, physical security of Branford, CT site.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Support implementation of EHS programs (e.g., lab health and safety, biosafety, ergonomics, hazardous chemicals, laser safety, fire safety, inspections, risk assessments).
- Perform EHS assessments for new processes, products, chemicals, and equipment that include risk assessments, lockout/tagout, ergonomics and machine guarding.
- Lead and manage EHS risk assessments and other key initiatives for the sites.
- Promote, reinforce, and sustain a strong safety culture through engagement with site leadership and operational teams.
- Support EHS, compliance, and company policy training to ensure a safe work environment and regulatory compliance.
- Investigate hazards, near misses and incidents with the goal of finding root causes and implementing ways to prevent recurrence.
- Partner with lab management team to support a variety of specialty spaces, processes, and tools, and reporting needs.
- Interface with external regulatory agencies on assigned EHS matters when required.
- Manage interactions with contracted waste disposal services, maintain and set up new waste profiles, ensure proper disposal of all chemical waste, maintain waste records and prepare for regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in EH&S, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or related field. Professional certification such as FMP, CFM a plus. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a facilities operation’s role in a R&D, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or laboratory environment required.
- Ability to provide 24 hour/emergency response support
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or oversight work and handle multiple tasks with the ability to realign priorities as needed. Able to exercise excellent judgment and possess a keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations. Experience with hazardous waste and chemical classifications and associated controls (control areas) used to manage total on-hand quantities.
- Ability to communicate with regulatory agencies and interface with agency inspectors.
- Familiarity with lab safety and best practices.
- Broad technical knowledge of facility operations, infrastructure, engineering, and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) system familiarity a plus.
- Ability to reinforce and improve the safety culture by working in collaboration with operational leaders and front-line employees.
- Must be successful in working in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to travel to our other sites as needed
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Technical and regulatory expertise in environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements as well as knowledge of and/or implementation experience with applicable industry standards and EHS regulations, including OSHA, Cal/OSHA, RCRA, DOT/IATA, and ADA.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful brand new office space in Branford, CT
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $95,000 – $130,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.