Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Master Planner / Buyer manages the planning, scheduling, purchase signaling and movement of material through the production cycle.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop high level production plans based on demand and available capacity
- Determine production priority based upon input from Commercial and internal stakeholders
- Manage production schedule disruptions using planning tools and working with other internal departments.
- Develop demand forecasts and implement solutions to improve forecast accuracy
- Utilize ERP for procurement and planning, specifically MRP
- Negotiate cost, quantity, and delivery with suppliers to provide the best price/quantity for the company
- Manage purchase order life cycle (negotiation, creation, maintenance, follow through) to support manufacturing
- Manage returned goods to suppliers
- Improve business practices to reduce inventory and improve cycle times, lead times
- Manage excess and obsolete inventory for review and follow up
- May require up to 25% time spent on assisting and receiving packages and shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a demand planning, forecasting, supply planning role
- Ability to work with large datasets and develop analytic models
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Strong experience in ERP systems; NetSuite preferred
- Strong experience using Excel or Google sheets
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience improving and implementing new processes, especially in ERP systems
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Branford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $80,000 – $110,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.