Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Applications
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Applications
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a talented software engineer to join our cloud applications team to help architect, build, and maintain an analytics visualization platform. These tools will support internal R&D members as well as customers using our platform. You will work closely with algorithm developers, bioinformaticians and cloud engineers. We’re seeking a developer who is excited to build user-facing proteomics applications and maintain best practices around their packaging and deployment to our distributed cloud applications platform.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop front end visualizations, tools and reports for our analysis data
- Work with algorithms developers and the cloud web app team to build and refine the backend architecture supporting these front-end components
- Maintain a first class development workflow comprising testing, CI, high code coverage, and automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong React, Vue.JS, or Next.js experience (Angular also considered)
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience with Docker
- Strong grasp of code structure, modularization and integration concerns
- Good understanding of software testing strategies (unit tests, integration testing, etc …)
- Cloud platform experience—AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- Familiarity with continuous integration platforms such as GitHub Actions or CircleCI
- Experience with front end testing frameworks and tools—Cypress, Playwright, Puppeteer, Selenium, or similar
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Familiarity with Plotly, D3, or similar visualization libraries
- Familiarity with the Flask Python framework
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with visual snapshot testing—eg: Percy
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $130,000 – $170,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.