Director of Quality Control and Assurance
Director of Quality Control and Assurance
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Refine Quality Management System and partner with upper management.
- Ensure compliance with corporate quality policies and procedures.
- Implementation of document control and review/approval of controlled documents.
- Oversee and manage the testing and approval process for incoming and finished goods.
- Performs quality review of batch documentation and testing and determines disposition for all production batches and incoming raw materials.
- Oversee the CAPA system – review issues, recommend actions, review investigation reports; ensure CAPAs are closed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain quality metrics and ensure that goals are met and reported to management.
- Manage customer complaints and ensure that complaint investigation are performed in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in biological sciences or Engineering or related degree
- Ten years experience in a quality management role in Life Sciences with five years experience in a management level role.
- Experience assisting with investigations, root cause analysis, and reports.
- Maintenance of validation documentation through the validation lifecycle
- Troubleshooting in the event of abnormal testing results
- Ensuring accurate records of all validation activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- BS in Life Sciences, Information Science, or equivalent
- Experience working in a manufacturing space, preferably in quality control
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off – personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave – we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $170,000 – $205,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.